Tuesday, April 06, 2004

It comes to me today that I need to spend a certain amount of time going nowhere in order to get somewhere. Before I can really stop and think, I really need to stop. Really, really, just need to stop. Star Trek; poetry. There's a concept of open spaces and blank screens being the poetry. If you need a bit of that, just scroll for a moment. I'll still be here.


Sounds and silence. There's a fan in the background but no one's home. Why walk when you could cry? Why think when you could just as easily run over that dumb chicken with your boat. You know there's always tomorrow. It's the noise I'm trying to get out, I think. Maybe just cut through. Who? Who's whispering to me? You want what!? You want rain on your salad!? Bring back the something I once called my own.... And the world will remember. Remember who I am? Morning? No. Mourning has broken. Sit silently now. Be soft; remain still. Superfluous. Now there's a question. Really! I'm just not going to ask it. So what are your thoughts about feelings? Sometimes I think I live in a world dictated by them. Other times I think I'm ignoring them entirely. Feelings. Now then, what should I feel? Throughout my life I hope and I think in some ways and in some areas I've managed to live with integrity. Of course, those ways and areas have never really mattered until now because until now, I was only living them theoretically. It's amazing what one can do in theory. Now, perhaps, theory may enter into the realm of practicality, and I think I may already have missed the whole stinking boat.

What is it they say, "If you're going to rock the boat, take a plane." Oh yeah, that's me. Nevermind.

The beginning? Or the end? To date, I've begun many endings and ended almost as many beginnings and could quite honestly swear I've got many more to go. If I only knew which was which. Or maybe I don't want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home