Thursday, May 27, 2004

*sigh* Back again. I've been thinking. Anyone who knows me starts getting frightened at this point. I've been thinking about several things (you should now be terrified). Perhaps I'll share. I've been thinking a considerable amount the last few weeks about our free market economy or whatever it's supposed to be called. I don't think it's psychologically healthy. Just think for a moment. Have you ever said or done some small thing to someone and they totally blew up at you? Why did they do that? It wasn't because they were simply reacting to you. Rather, it was because they were reacting to the cumulative effect of one or several other people doing the same thing to them so often that it drives them absolutely crazy. Now let's think about the world of retail for a moment. Day in and day out you've got customers coming in and doing and saying exactly the same things (with but minor variations) and eventually they all blend into one. I've gotten to the point where someone starts complaining about a problem (I'm a service tech.) I just about feel like slapping them (OK, not quite, but you get the idea). It's not because those customers did something. It's because they all do! Back in the day when our world's were so much smaller, we wouldn't have had the same problem because we wouldn't have known enough people to get aggravated at those people. Anyhow, I've decided the entire free world is going to develop (or perhaps already has) collective psychological scarring.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow will be an interesting day. It's house/mortgage hunting day. I find it interesting how I am completely not comprehending the magnitude of a decision to buy a house. It's like it's a good thing to do, so why not? I know it is. I'm simply surprised at my lack of desire to do serious heart searching before moving ahead. I've mostly crunched numbers. What else do I need?

Hmmm... questions. Nothing but questions. (OK, almost. I do know something, but not very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home