Monday, April 12, 2004

It brings me great joy to announce that my 39 year old (and not holding) truck made what turned out to be a four and a half hour trip (I had to bring my sister to her house, adding another hour) without hitch or any sort of problem. What can I tell you? 40 years ago, they really knew how to build them.

Tonight will be an interesting night. One of those moments I simultaeously anticipate and dread. For some reason, treading into unfamiliar social territory is one of those things that causes me greatest discomfort. And here, probably more than just about any other. Back in the Bible School days, I read a book on prayer and one of the prayer types in the book was the,... uh, well,... come to think of it, I seem to have forgotten what it was called. Anyhow, the idea was a short, one phrase prayer that you would constantly repeat. The most common being, "Lord be merciful to me a sinner." Mine is not quite that short, "Lord, help me to live in the reality of the power of Your love." The confidence I should have knowing that God, the maker of me and the world I live in loves me. I want that reality to be evident in every part of my life. But for now, it's them ol' fluttery pigeons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home